There is no doubt that many planned events have been postponed due to the pandemic since 2020. For IGS Intermodal Container Logistics GmbH, sister company of New Silk Road Network member IGS Schreiner GmbH, it was no doubt either. In January 2020, IGS Intermodal joined the Kombi Terminal Heilbronn GmbH (KTHN) as a shareholder. Since then, they have started operations with container trains leveraging their intermodal network. However due to the pandemic, the launch event had to be continuously postponed.
On May 12th 2022, the timing was finally right and the IGS & KTHN team celebrated with a well-organized summer reception at the Kombi Terminal in Heilbronn together with Port of Hamburg Marketing and their co-shareholders. Attendees included customers, partners and numerous guests, and together, they engaged in interesting lectures and constructive discussions about enabling more traffic on rail.
IGS, as a logistics company, was founded in the 70s (1974), they have built an impressive portfolio including intermodal logistics solutions, container terminal and depot operations, freight forwarding, container trucking, and warehousing as well as other supplementary services.
For the industrials area between Stuttgart and Mannheim, Kombi Terminal Heilbronn GmbH (KTHN) has developed to a well-recognized partner offering trimodal services for rail, barge, and road transport. Following the entry of IGS Logistics Group, KTHN now offers the following services:
▪ Empty container depot for shipping companies, including EDI interfaces
▪ Container repair, container washing, CSC testing
▪ Connection and monitoring of reefer containers
▪ Truck pre-carriage and on-carriage and direct trucking from/to seaports
▪ Own fleet of GPS-monitored container chassis
▪ Intermediate storage of containers with dangerous goods or waste
Further services in co-operation with the shareholders include:
▪ Container Freight Station: Seaworthy stowage and unpacking of containers
▪ Intermediate storage of the goods and pre/post carriage with tarpaulin semi-trailers
▪ Tank and silo cleaning service (no dangerous goods)
Our congratulations go out to IGS Logistics Group on their participation in Kombi Terminal Heilbronn GmbH and an event well organized!
Click here to view their website: